If you’re trading in your iPhone with Online, then the ‘Find my iPhone‘ activation lock will need to be removed. We can do this for you, however if we don’t have access to your Apple ID this will need to be done by yourself remotely. Here’s how to do it.
Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
- Click All Devices, then select the device you want to remove.
- Click Erase, then your Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.
- If the device is offline, the remote erase begins as soon as the iPhone is connected to the internet. You receive an email when the device is erased.
- If you erase your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you have credit and debit cards in Wallet for Apple Pay, Find My iPhone attempts to remove your cards immediately, even if the iPhone is not connected to the internet.
- *IMPORTANT* When the device is erased, click Remove from Account. This allows someone else to activate the device.
If you require further assistance, please contact your account manager on 0208 232 1190.